ACH Payment Processing Benefits
ACH processing has become incredibly popular with an unprecedented amount of businesses for several reasons. We have listed some of the benefits of ACH Processing below.
- Quick access to Funds: Processes within 1 or 2 days.
- Convenience: Purchases can be debited directly from a customer’s checking accounts without the need for paper checks.
- Cost Effective: ACH transaction fees are lower than other payment options are fixed per transaction.
- Easy Recurring Payments: Subscription based billing that can be received quicker at a much lower cost.
- Improved Cash Management
- No Need for Postage: Saving your customers money.
- Environmentally Friendly: No paper wastage.
- Offers an Alternative to Credit Cards
How does it work?
It’s actually quite simple:
- A customer purchases an item on your website by means of an electronic check.
- Prior to the processing of the check, it is required to have consent of the customer via a statement of understanding or terms of service agreement.
- Convert all of your electronic check transactions in ACH transactions.
- Submit your ACH transactions to your Originating Depository Financial Institution (ODFI)
- The ODFI processes the ACH payment information and electronically delivers the information to the ACH network operator. The ACH network operator electronically distributes the ACH items to the customer’s bank (RDFI).
- Merchants are notified of ACH payments on their bank statements
- Funds transfer to your acquiring bank and will then go into your merchant account until you receive your payout.