Why Incorporate in Seychelles?
Seychelles, officially known as the Republic of Seychelles is an island country spanning an archipelago of 115 islands in the Indian Ocean, some 1,500 kilometers (932 mi) east of mainland Africa, northeast of the island of Madagascar. The Seychelles has a well-established infrastructure and is also politically stable which makes it ideal for international business corporations.
Seychelles is another fantastic jurisdiction that boasts maximum privacy, a safe infrastructure, and relatively quick incorporation. Seychelles is a popular and well respected jurisdiction with flexible incorporation laws and an innovative special license company that can be used to take advantage of Seychelles’ growing network of double taxation agreements. Also, directors and shareholders not placed in the public registry.
Seychelles offers one of the most attractive total packages in the offshore world with its available non-resident tax free and tax resident low tax structures; growing network of tax treaties used for investment into other countries; low government fees; and international trade zone all created and supported by one of the best legal and regulatory regimes in the offshore world.
The names of directors and shareholders do not appear on the public record. It is against the law for a registered agent or anyone else privy to information regarding the names of directors and shareholders of a Seychelles company to disclose to any third party accept if by request of the Seychelles Supreme Court or the Seychelles International Business Authority. The only records delivered to the Registrar are the Memorandum and Articles of Association which have no reference to the beneficial owner, directors, officers or shareholders.
A Seychelles International Business Company can be incorporated in 2-3 business days The name of the company may be in any language; however an official translation into English or French is required if in anything but those two. A registered agent and registered office in Seychelles is a requirement for all offshore company formations. Notarization and Apostille (often needed to establish an offshore bank account, especially in Europe) are available and included in our Seychelles incorporation packages.
Some of the benefits of a Seychelles IBC include:
- Affordability: Seychelles is an affordable jurisdiction both for initial set up and annual renewal rates.
- Nominee Shareholders and Directors are Permitted.
- Quick Incorporations: Seychelles IBC’s can be completed within a few days if not less.
- Location: At +4 GMT time zone Seychelles is convenient to many businesses located in Africa, Asia, and Europe.
- Only one director is required
- Corporate directors are allowed.
- It is not required of a Seychelles IBC to call an Annual General Meeting.
- Registered office.
- Registered agent.
- Seychelles IBC’s have no tax liabilities. The tax rate is zero percent (0%)
- Payment of capital gains taxes, inheritance taxes and death duties are not applicable on IBC’s registered in the Seychelles
- All dividends, interests, royalties, rents, compensations and other amounts are exempted from the payment of income tax in the Seychelles
LENIENT RULES FOR SHARE CAPITAL
- There is no requirement for having a minimum or maximum share capital
- The share capital of an IBC need not be disclosed
- There are no issued share capital requirements for IBC’s
- Multiple classes of shares can be issued by an IBC
- An IBC can issue shares with or without a par value
POLITICAL & ECONOMIC STABILITY
- As one of the more socio-economically stable regions of the world, the Seychelles is highly regarded as a safe haven for conducting international business activities
An IBC in Seychelles cannot:
- Carry on business in Seychelles;
- Own an interest in immovable property situate in Seychelles, or a lease of immovable property situate in Seychelles
- Carry on banking as defined in the Financial Institutions Act, 1984 or a trust business;
- Carry on business as an insurance or a reinsurance company; or
- Carry on the business of providing the registered office for companies.